Google Docs seems pretty cool.
I was not able to locate a spreadsheet to add any information to for 8 Things Learners. (Help me! I guess I'm lost...but it's just not there.) I think Google Docs seems like a tool that could be very beneficial to older students and people creating resumes. I found a couple of spreadsheets that I have saved for personal use. I saved a spreadsheet for budgeting and a check register. In my professional life I could get valuable input from some of my peers and/or collaborate on some projects. I liked how Google Docs seems to get some students motivated and show improvement. I think it would be difficult to expect that all students have access to working technology at home or school. I also think that monitoring a students activities could be difficult. You can't see everything. I will definitely be spending some more time playing with Google Docs!
Great response--I, too, love the possibilities of using Docs with co-workers to plan and collaborate.
ReplyDeleteI think Docs can be a great tool for students, but, as you pointed out, they won't always be able to access their accounts from home. If nothing else, it's a place to store the work they produce in a relatively "safe" place that can be accessed from any computer.
You're almost done with this Thing; you just need to edit the group spreadsheet. Please email me at sisd8things@gmail.com from the email account that you would like me to share the spreadsheet with!
I emailed you from my email account so I can finish Thing 7. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteYou're finished! Great job; Thing 7 complete!
ReplyDeleteYippeee!!!!!
ReplyDelete