Sunday, July 18, 2010
Thing 6!
I did not find any podcast that I was really crazy about. It could take a lot of time to listen and find something that you would like to use in the classroom. If you found a good source and previewed the podcast I'm sure it could be a great tool in some classes.
You could spend hours and hours on YouTube looking for videos to use. YouTube is full of endless material. Some of the material is not appropriate or correct but some is informative or entertaining.
I chose the Lego video to embed simply because my kids and I like legos and I thought it was cute!
The directions on how to embed a video were simple and easy to follow. That was sure a nice surprise!
TeacherTube seemed to be more user friendly to me. The material on the site was of course related to educational topics and I found it to be easier to find useful videos. YouTube is engaging to students because it is another resource that uses technology and other senses.
Video sharing and podcasts have made it possible for people all over the world to share information or thoughts with others. But it is only used by people that value or have access to these resources and means of communicating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Finding podcasts that are useful for the classroom can be a time-consuming and challenging process. It's often best to use a professionally produced ongoing program, but the delimma there is that they're usually produced for adults and are not age-appropriate for students. There are a few podcasts out there specifically produced for children, though, and those are worth keeping an eye on.
ReplyDeleteI agree that YouTube has TONS of content--some great and some not-so-great. I tend to rely on my Personal Learning Network for recommendations or suggestions more than I spend time actively searching for a video. It's nice to be able to file something away when you come across it so that you have a list of resources to draw from.
I'm glad embedding was easy! It's a great skill to have, and its advantage is that it enables your users to view media without having to leave your page. (That can be EXTREMELY helpful when you're working with students!)
Great job--Jaws cracked me up! Thing 6 complete!